Sunday, March 11, 2012

Lent - Week III

Since last Sunday …

... the kids enjoyed making snowmen, but sadly watched them rapidly melt away.


… we enjoyed reading Longfellow’s poem, Evangeline.

… I tried a new soup recipe -- a delicious ham and vegetable.

… I began reading Winnie the Pooh to The Baby.

… we made a sticky mess devouring some really sweet grapefruit.

… I took Miss Rose shopping for an Easter dress.

… my DH and I voted in the ND Republican primary (and our guy won).

… I hosted our monthly Little Flowers meeting. The girls studied piety and St. Cecelia. They made bracelets and ate fruit kebabs while they were learning the colors of the robe of piety (a la Father Lasance).


… I got lost trying to find the pool where phy ed swim classes are going to be held this month.

… The Baby got mad at me that she couldn’t swim with the big kids during phy ed.

… I went out with some other great moms for Brazilian barbecue for our monthly Mom’s Night Out.

... I tried a yummy new fruit.

… I left my family for thirty hours for a night at a hotel with a couple of girlfriends and a Saturday Lenten retreat.

... I laughed with my girlfriends.

… I cried at the retreat. a lot. It was good.

… we celebrated Miss Sunshine’s tenth birthday with Mass, an afternoon at the zoo, a wonderful dinner, chocolate peanut butter ice cream, and a couple rounds of Apples to Apples (Disney Edition).

... we loved the baby goats.


... The Baby got the hang of feeding the goats on her own.


… we gloried in a weekend of warm weather (almost 70 degrees!) and sunshine (ahhh, Vitamin D!).

… we welcomed Pip to our family.


Happy Lent! See you next week!

3 comments:

  1. I love your birdie, Pip! Is that an arm I see? Can you hold the bird? We cannot touch our birds.:( They are bonded to each other and freak out if we open their cage. Very frustrating!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace,

      Yes, that is my arm ... Pip was hand raised and is alone, so she likes to play with us.

      Blessed Triduum and Easter.

      Michelle

      Delete
  2. We have a birdy too! We only have one so the birdy had to bond with us!

    Glad you had a good retreat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!